Create your OWN Shred!

One thing that I find very important is changing up my work out! I try and change it up at least every 3-4 workouts. And something I love doing is creating my own work out! The gym is my sanctuary. I go to the gym to blow of steam, reduce stress, think and to have fun. But when it's pouring rain outside or I just can't make it do the gym, that doesn't stop me! With awesome dvd's out there like Tae-bo and Jillian Michaels 30 Minute Shred, it's easy to workout in the comfort of your own home, but why not make your own Shred?! Customize it to suit your mood! Do a little research, find and understand your exercises, blast the music and get moving!


When I've had a stressful day, I know I'll want to keep moving, get sweating and feel that burn. I'll customize my own 'Shred' to do just that. When I've had a long, tiring day, I don't let that stop me, I'll just customize my 'shred' to accomadate that. Instead of constant movement, I'll do intervals and/or a Yoga circuit. I'll still be burning calories but in a more relaxed way. Below, I have shared 2 of my favourite 'Shreds' that I just talked about here. Please note that I am NOT a professional.These exercise's were taken from personal trainers/fitness classes or from online research.
Cardio/Stregnth Shred
Warm up how ever you like for 2 minutes. I use my exercise bike but you could do stretches or just some marching in place. 
Cardio
1. Jumping Jacks(30)
2. High Knees(30)
3. Skaters(30)
4. Butt Kicks(30)
Jump Squats(5-10)
Mountain Climbers(25)
Jump Rope for 30 seconds(You can do this without a jump rope, just mimick the movements as if you were using one)
Jog in place for 1 minute
Strength(Abs)
1 minute plank
15 Bicycle Crunches
30 Second side plank(Right Side)
15 Bicycle Crunches
30 Second side plank(Left Side)
15 Reverse crunches
30 second-1 minute V-Sit
Cardio
Moves 1-4 in first cardio circuit
Strength(Upper Body)
Push ups(10)
Plank Row and Left lift (5)
Butterfly curls while lying on back(10) using desired free weight. I use 12 pounds 
Tricep Extension(10 per arm) I use a 7.5 lb free weight
Dumbbell Row(15) I use 12 lb dumbbells
Push up with side plank (10 total)
Cardio
Moves 1-4 in first cardio circuit but in reverse order
Lower Body
Squates(10-15)
Lunges(10 per leg)
Glute bridges(15-20) with 20 pulses at the end
Bent-over Leg Lifts(10-15 per leg)
Inner thigh leg lift(15-20 per leg)
20 Calf Raises(with both feet on ground)
Jumping jacks(10)
Single Calf Raises(15 per leg)
7 Burpees
Supermans(10)
Finish hard with:
20 Jumping Jacks
20 High Knees
20 Jump ropes
*Stretch*
That is my first 'shred'. I do this one when I want to blast those calories right off me in the 30-45 minutes it takes. This shred burns about 250 calories(determined by a break down of each exercise by a personal trainer) I use a heart rate monitor to track my calories. I highly recommend getting one. I got my at Walmart for $35!
 Yoga Shred
Warm up for 2 minutes
Cardio
1. Jump Rope(30)
2. Jumping Jacks(30)
3. High Knees(30)
4. Mountain Climbers(15)
5. Butt Kicks(30)
6. Skaters(30)
Yoga
Half Moon Pose(15 seconds per side)
Sun Salutation(repeat 3 times in a row)
Warrior 2 Pose(25 seconds per leg)
Palm tree Pose(30 seconds)
Cardio
4 cardio moves, your choice from first cardio circuit
Yoga
Chair pose(30 seconds)
Triangle pose(30 Seconds)
Downward Facing Dog(45 seconds)
Cobra pose(30 Seconds)
Bridge Pose(30 Seconds)
 Cardio
Moves 3,4,5 and 6 from first cardio circuit
Strength
Crunches(15-20)
Horizontal Scissor exercise(30 seconds)
Reverse crunches(15)
Plank style Oblique twists(10-15 per side)
Push Ups(10-15)
Lunges(10 per leg)
Squats (10-15)
Finish with:
Jumping Jacks
Butt Kicks
*Stretch*
This circuit burns 250-300 calories based on break down of each exercise)
That's it! Those are my 2 favourite shreds to do when I am working out at home! Feel free to use these yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Naked Moments 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.