To Yoga or not to Yoga? That is the question...


!
She makes it look effortless, huh? Don't let this intimidate you. When I was at my heaviest(252 lbs) I didn't even bat an eye at Yoga. I had zero interest in it, and when I did think about it, I just accepted the fact that my body would never do that.
  
Then I thought again! As my weight loss journey was progressing, I started showing an interest in it. I would be at the gym, trudging away on the treadmill or another piece of equipment, and I would see woman, of all different sizes and ages lining up for their Yoga class to start. When they were finished they always came out with this glow of sweat, looking refreshed and re-energized. I quickly became envious.
 
In the beginning, I never would have thought Yoga to be a workout. The background music, the mats, the dimmed lights, it looked like something to get you ready for bed...Wrong! Yoga is a workout, and an intense one at that. It works and engages all of your muscles-- muscles you didn't even know you had!
 
So yes, I finally gave Yoga a try. I was too intimidated at first to join the class, so I picked up some Yoga DVD's and went on my way. After my first workout, I was drenched in sweat and could feel every muscle in my body. I felt lose and refreshed, but I also felt like I got a wonderful workout! It was something different and it challenged my body.
 
Even at my fitness level now, which is pretty advanced I still get a great workout when I do Yoga. The #1 thing about Yoga, is it is suitable for ALL fitness levels. Whether your just starting, or have been at it for years. Yoga is for everyone!

I go to the gym 5 times a week, but I will still do at least a half hour of Yoga EVERY evening. I feel more relaxed, and it helps me wind down from whatever the day threw at me!
 
.
 In case I haven't convinced you to give Yoga a try by now, here are some of the proven benefits that Yoga can do for you.

 
Physical Benefits
 
*Hand-Eye co-ordination improves
*Better posture
*Gentle and great for your joints
* Sleep improves
*Improves Strength
*Tones the body
*Improves your breathing
 
Mental Benefits
 
*Calmness
*De-stress
*Improves your mood
*Attention and memory improves
*Better concentration
 
So, in short; Get yourself a mat, and start reaping the benefits of this fantastic practice. If you really want a great workout, then I recommend Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown. She'll kick your butt!
 
Sources:
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Naked Moments 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.