Swap that for this: How to substitute some of your guilty pleasures


Substitutions

When battling with weight loss we are desperate to find things that replicate some of our favourite(but oh so bad for us) food. One thing I DIDN'T do when I was on my weight loss journey was give up ALL of my favourite foods. Yes, I cut back big time, but I allowed myself to give in from time to time. But during those times when all I wanted was a slice of apple pie, or a big bowl of salty chips or ice cream, I tossed up in the mix my own take of some of my bad for me favourites.
 *Apple pie swapped for Apple crumble yogurt with Cranberry Delight Granola
Okay, I know sometimes nothing is better than a warm, gooey piece of apple pie, but try this very low cal treat, that's the next best thing! You'll need:
Astro Apple Crumble Yogurt=35 Calories
Cranberry Delight Granola= 130 Calories for 30 Grams(Note, I only use about 15 grams. That is more than enough! 15 g=65 cal) I purchase this granola from the Bulk Bark
In a bowl mix up apple crumble yogurt, and 10-15 grams(or a small handful) of Cranberry Delight Granola, stir and Voila! You've got a yummy treat that taste like a cool apple crumble!
Total Calories: 100 Calories!!
Or try this for an apple crumble mock
Apple Cinnamon Instant oatmeal(Prepare as package specifies but use water instead of milk to cut back on calories)
Slice apples(I use about half of a medium sized apple)
A dash of milk(about a teaspoon. I use skim milk)
In a bowl, place apple at bottom of bowl, pour oatmeal on top. Pop in the microwave for 60 seconds. Once out of microwave sprinkle a little bit of Cinnamon on top and tada! You've got an warm, gooey apple crumble!
Total Calories= 135 Calories!
Swap ice cream for fruit filled frozen yogurt
I use strawberries, blue berries and raspberries
1/2 of a cup of Greek yogurt(Note: I use plain)
A handful of your favourite berries.
You can use muffin cups or Dixie cups for the perfect serving!
In a muffin cup, combine yogurt and fruit. Mix. Freeze for 35 minutes and your done! You have delicious, weight friendly frozen yogurt cups.
Total Calories= 75 Calories for one serving!
Swap chips for Kellogg's Cracker chips OR Presidents Choice POPPED chips
Kellogg's Cracker chips hold only 110 calories for 27 chips!! An average serving of regular chips is 250 for 14 chips. What a difference! And they come in a great variety of yummy flavours. Pair them up with a fresh salsa and you have a great, guilt free snack!
Presidents Choice Popped:180 Calories for 30 Chips! And just like Kellogg's they are available in lots of tasty flavours!
These are only a small amount of some of the foods I've swapped. If you want to know a swap for you favourite food, don't hesitate to ask!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Naked Moments 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.